Thursday, December 6, 2012

My grand-daughter at 100

She is six years old and in her last few weeks of kindergarten.
Her class was given a blank sheet of paper with the words "When I am 100 years old I will look like this!" at the top and then each child was asked draw a self portrait of themselves projected some 95 or so years into the future.

This was my grand-daughter's masterpiece..............
(Click on it to enlarge to full-size)
I thought the glasses were significant; a child automatically assumes that old people wear glasses. (Well, I do and so does my wife).
I was also impressed by the fact that she retains her natural teeth - obviously dental science will improve in leaps and bounds (and maybe the cost will reduce, too.)

I will keep this work of art and bequeath it to her so that when I'm gone and she has grown to adulthood she will have a reminder of her crystal ball-gazing in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are most welcome