Friday, May 30, 2014

Yamba - Our new home town.

We have now been in Yamba for almost a fortnight, having arrived on the afternoon of Sunday 18th. of May.
Our new home has been vacated (yesterday evening) by the previous owners and next week the painter will be going in to give the eight-year old interior walls and ceilings a fresh coat before we move in.
So until the 13th. or 14th. of June we are in rented accommodation - a town-house not very far from our new address.

Yamba lighthouse and pilot station, taken from the TLC FM studios in the old lighthouse replica
The past fifteen days have seen beautiful weather - unusually warm, with blue skies and soft breezes. Not at all what we would be experiencing in Canberra and even unseasonal for this coastal area. This is, after all, supposed to be almost the end of autumn. But nobody is complaining!

Last weekend the regular "last-Sunday-of-the-month" markets were held in Ford Park and it was another balmy day  - a superb morning.


I have to pinch myself now and then to make sure I'm not dreaming that I'm living this lifestyle!

2 comments:

  1. "I have to pinch myself now and then to make sure I'm not dreaming that I'm living this lifestyle!"

    Ha ha, know the feeling Bruce. It's tough, but someone's got to do it. Good on the pair of you. Just lie back and enjoy it. I guarantee that you won't get bored ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger, we are too busy to even think about being bored!!
    But it's a "nice" busy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are most welcome