Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Yamba - Au Revoir, Adieu, Until we meet again.

Well, my five-week sojourn comes to a close this coming weekend, when the owner of the house I've been taking care of returns from an adventure in South America and a cruise from Santiago to Florida.

The opportunity given to me to spend more than a month in Yamba has reinforced my urge to live up here permanently for the rest of my days so I am keeping everything crossed that the auction of our home in Canberra this Saturday (15th.) is successful.

Today I presented the last of my "Baby Boomer Radio" programmes for the local community radio station, TLCFM 100.3, who were kind enough to offer me a fill-in spot whilst I was here.
They have been wonderful and so have the listeners, several of whom phoned the station whilst I was on air this afternoon to say how much they liked the show and expressing regret that it has come to a close.
But hopefully, not for too long, because as soon as I return I'll be looking for a vacancy in the stations programme.

Below is a "selfie" I shot outside the studio today after I'd finished.
It was done on my mobile, so is rather low-tech.
The large object in the background is the water reservoir.
We members of TLC FM 100.3 prefer to think of it as the base on which our antenna is mounted!! :)


Here are a couple of final shots.
They are of Yamba Bay, behind Whiting Beach.........


So as the sun sinks slowly in the west we say "farewell" to paradise.........for the moment, anyway. :)

2 comments:

  1. So all good things must come to an end, Bruce. Never mind, I have a feeling that you're going to be back here for good, and pretty soon too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope so, Roger! :)
    Cheers, mate.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are most welcome